Sort, Filter and Format data
In this exercise you are given a spreadsheet with quarterly sales data. After you add a column to calculate the total you must format and filter the table. The end result is shown in the image below.
1. Open the file calc-filter-conditional-formating-exercise-start.ods. You will work on this document. The spreadsheet contains 1000 records of sales data.
2. Create a column with the Total sales. Use the SUM function to add the cell range E2: H2 that contains the sales for each quarter. Then use autofill to fill the total to the remaining rows
3. Format the header. Increase font size, change background and/or font color. Format the numbers as currency.
4. Apply conditional formating the the Total sales. Select the cell range I2:I1001 and apply Icon Set with the following values:
5. Apply automatic filter to the data. Select the first row and click the AutoFilter button.
6. Filter the data by Company Name. Select only the first four companies:
7. Sort the data by City name in ascending order
8. Save your file and submit.
- 8 January 2018, 3:23 PM
- 8 January 2018, 3:30 PM
- 8 January 2018, 2:54 PM