Module 4 - Section 1 - While and Functions
4.1.8 - Fortune teller
Copy the following function to Thonny script editor and save it as fortuneTeller :
Execute the code and at the CLI write :
>>> adviseMe ("Meet my friends tonight?")
The script contains two functions. The first getAnswer returns a value, string in this case, that can be used elsewhere. The second one adviseMe creates a random number between 1 and 9, pass this number to the first function and prints the value that is returned.
So the sequence is :
- We call the function adviseMe
- adviseMe creates a random number
- adviseMe is passing the random number as a parameter to function getAnswer
- getAnswer returns a value
- adviseMe prints the value that was returned from getAnswer
You can follow the sequence using the Debug button.