Monthly budget calculator
In this exercise you are going to create a spreadsheet to help you calculate your monthly budget. The final result is shown in the image below.
1. Create a new spreadsheet and save it withe the name monthly-budget-calculator.ods.
2. Start by typing the data inside the cells. Resize columns and rows.
3. Merge the cells marked with red color
4. Now insert the formulas in order to make the calculations. There are 3 formulas you must insert. For the sum you can use the SUM function.
- Calculate the total expenses as the sum of all expenses
- Calculate the total income as the sum of all incomes
- Balance = Total Income - Total Expenses
5. Format the numbers as currency type. Change font size and color. Apply background color and borders.
6. Save your file and submit