What are some traditions famous in Danish Weddings?

What are some traditions famous in Danish Weddings?

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 2
I am getting married in Denmark next year and I am very excited about it. Denmark is a beautiful country with a rich culture and history, and I want to learn more about its wedding traditions and customs. I have done some research online and I found some interesting and fun facts that I want to share with you. Maybe some of you have experienced or heard of these traditions before, or maybe you are curious like me. Either way, I hope you enjoy reading this post and feel free to comment or ask questions. blush

One of the most famous Danish wedding traditions is the Gate of Honor (Æresport), which is a ceremonial arch made of pine branches and flowers that is placed at the bride's home or the wedding venue. It is a sign of celebration and honor for the couple, and it is usually built by their family and friends the night before the wedding. The couple has to walk under the gate when they leave or enter the house or the venue.

Another popular Danish wedding tradition is the Bridal Waltz (Brudeval), which is a special dance that the bride and groom perform at the reception, usually as the first dance. The guests encircle them and clap to the rhythm of the waltz. As the song progresses, the guests move closer and closer to the couple, until they have no more space to dance. Then, the groom lifts the bride and kisses her. The Bridal Waltz is considered a highlight of the wedding and a symbol of the couple's love and unity.

A very fun and playful Danish wedding tradition is the Kissing Games, which are games that the guests play to make the bride and groom kiss throughout the night. If the guests stomp on the floor, the couple has to kiss under the table. If the guests bang their cutlery on their plates, the couple has to kiss on their seats. If the guests bang their glasses, the couple has to kiss on their chairs. These games are meant to keep the couple entertained and show their affection for each other.

There are many more Danish wedding traditions that I could mention, such as the cutting of the wedding cake, the groom's socks, the veil tearing, and the rice throwing, but I don't want to make this post too long. If you are interested in learning more about these traditions, you can check out some of the web search results below. You can also tell me about your own wedding traditions or experiences, or ask me anything about getting married in Denmark. I would love to hear from you. Thanks for reading!

In reply to Deleted user

Re: What are some traditions famous in Danish Weddings?

by kalyl cie -
This is a traditional Danish wedding cake made of stacked almond paste rings. The tower is usually decorated with flags Infinite Craft Unblocked and flowers, and it serves as a centerpiece at the wedding reception. The couple typically cuts the top ring of the tower together, symbolizing their unity and shared future.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: What are some traditions famous in Danish Weddings?

by Myteilin Iaduil -

The guests surround them, clapping along with the waltz. Throughout the song, the guests progressively enclose themselves around the pair, until there is no more room for them to dance. Really great service to experience diverse information. Besides, there is easy access to different sources of basketbros